Family accommodation

If you need family accommodation during your studies at Stirling, we have a range of flats just for you and yours. Please note, if you're applying for family accommodation, you can find out more and make a booking by emailing instead of submitting your application through our online portal. Family properties available include:

alexander court townhouses external

Alexander Court family flats

Located on campus, each of these nine modern family flats has an open plan kitchen/living room, a bathroom and nearby laundry facilities. Every apartment is furnished and accessed from a main stairwell which has locked pushchair storage. We offer three-bedroom flats (for couples with maximum two children) and two-bedroom flats (for couples with maximum one child).

Alexander Court family flats
andrew stewart hall accommodation external

Other on-campus flats

Our other on-campus residences offer a total of four one-bedroom flats (for couples with no children) and one two-bedroom flat (for couples with one child). Each self-contained flat is furnished and includes a kitchen/living room and private bathroom. The apartments sit within Polwarth House, Muirhead House, HH Donnelly House and Fraser of Allander House



Alangrange is situated on the campus boundary and is suitable for couples who do not have any children. Couples offered accommodation in Alangrange will share a large communal lounge, kitchens, several bathrooms and toilets with single postgraduate students. Alangrange is a large, comfortably furnished and centrally heated property that offers parking spaces for residents.


Council Tax

Please note, if your husband/wife/partner is a non-student, they may be liable for Council Tax.

Council Tax is a property based tax which is payable to local councils to help fund the cost of services that they provide such as the police and fire service. Most full-time students are normally eligible for Council Tax exemption. In order to satisfy the 'full-time' criteria for council tax exemption you must:

  • Be required to attend University for a period of at least 24 weeks in the academic year
  • Undertake on average at least 21 hours of study, tuition or work experience in each of these weeks

Please refer to your local Council Tax Office for rules relating to Council Tax exemptions.

Moving in

Find out how to get to your accommodation and what to expect on moving day.

Safety and security

We make your safety our priority. Read more about our 24/7 security cover. 

Campus life

Live and study in a stunning environment with five-star facilities. 

Important info

See how to pay for accommodation, terms and conditions and more. 

Contact us

To book family accommodation or ask us any questions you might have, please get in touch.