I am an evolutionary ecologist and ecological modeller with broad interests in developing theory across the biological and environmental sciences. My research primarily uses mathematical and individual-based models to understand complex interactions in populations, communities, and social-ecological systems. I am especially interested in applying these modelling approaches to questions concerning the evolution and maintenance of biodiversity, and the management of populations under conservation conflict.
- Lecturer in Environmental Modelling (2020-present)
- Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellow (2017-2020)
- ERC Postdoctoral Research Assistant (2016-2017)
- ERC Postdoctoral Research Fellow (2013-2016; University of Aberdeen)
- PhD Ecology and Evolutionary Biology (2007-2013; Iowa State University; Graduate minor in statistics)
- BSc Biology (2003-2007; Southern Illinois University Edwardsville; specialisation in Ecology, Evolution, and Environment; Magna cum laude)
- BSc Philosophy (2003-2007; Southern Illinois University Edwardsville; minor in Chemistry; Magna cum laude)
Advance HE and Library Representative
BES Tuesday Seminar Organiser
Stirling Coding Club Organiser
Stirling Coding Club is a fun, informal way to learn or improve your coding skills. Our goal is to create a friendly, no-pressure environment where people can share their work, ask for help on coding problems, and learn and work together. You do not need to have any experience in coding to join or attend these workshops, and we welcome students and staff across the university at all levels of experience.
Journal of Animal Ecology
British Ecological Society, Association for the Study of Animal Behaviour
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Higher Education Academy