Subjects approved for entry
All graded SQA, GCE and GCSE examination subjects are acceptable for entry. Passes in two subjects with a high amount of material in common may not be counted separately e.g. Biology and Human Biology.
If your subjects ‘overlap’ like this, you can ask our Admissions team for advice.
The University will consider applicants from all the following for a minimum entry requirement:
- Applicant’s home postcode is within the Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation lowest 20%
- Applicant is part of the Schools for Higher Education Programme (SHEP)
- Applicant has experience of being in care
- Applicant is a carer
- Applicant has participated in the University of Stirling Access to Degree Studies Programme
- Applicant has participated in the Scottish Wider Access Programme (SWAP)
|For SQA Higher qualifications, the minimum entry requirement is adjusted by up to two grades|
|SQA Higher Typical Entry Requirement
||SQA Higher Minimum Entry Requirement
Variations to published grade requirements
The required grades are listed on the individual course pages for guidance only. Check online for the latest minimum grades needed before you apply.
If you are re-sitting or upgrading some subjects, you may be asked for a higher grade.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language, you need to demonstrate a suitable level of English language. We accept IELTS, TOEFL, the SQA ESOL qualification and many others.
Get more information on our requirements.