I am a geoscientist interested in glacial geology and landscape change in terrestrial and marine settings. My research focuses on:
1. Reconstructing the glacial history of NW Europe and the surrounding continental shelf;
2. Measuring and understanding modern rates of glacier change;
3. Refining geochronological surface-dating techniques;
4. Enhanced landscape and seabed mapping;
5. Characterizing glacial sediments, with particular reference to sub-surface fluid storage.
Currently Funded Projects
- BRITICE-CHRONO. NERC Large Grant (PI: Chris Clark, Sheffield). Co-investigator with 9 others.
Current PhD students:
- Helena Stewart (2012- present): Peat's secret archive - reconstructing the North Atlantic storm frequency of the last 10,000 years (with Dr Bob McCulloch & Prof Jo Bullard (Loughborough))
- Heather Stewart (2015- present): Ice streaming, deglaciation and substrate properties of the western North Sea Basin (with Prof Colm O Cofaigh (Durham) & Dr Margaret Stewart (BGS))