The Mister Gees Foundation Scholarship
Financial assistance for UK students with a full-time place to study MSc Sustainable Aquaculture at the University of Stirling.
The purpose of the scholarship is to financially assist two UK students who are unable to obtain Scottish Funding Council and/or Scottish Aquaculture Innovation Centre funding.
The scholarship will be awarded to a UK national who has achieved a place at the University of Stirling to study an MSc Sustainable Aquaculture full-time within the Institute of Aquaculture.
This scholarship is awarded in the form of a £5,000 grant to cover tuition fees and living costs following full enrolment.
Find out more about our MSc Sustainable Aquaculture.
Eligibility and availability
A minimum of 2.1 honours degree and an offer to the MSc Sustainable Aquaculture course are required for applicants to be eligible for this scholarship. Priority is given to candidates unable to access other funding support.
How to apply
Send your CV, student number, country of residence and a statement up to 500 words outlining what you hope to achieve with a Master’s degree from the Institute of Aquaculture by email to the Course Administrator, Richard Kane, using the subject header “MR GEES APPLICATION”.
The application deadline is 5 September 2022.
- The decision of the panel is final and feedback regarding the decision will not be provided to the student body.
- In the event of the scholarship awardee choosing to withdraw from the course, or to defer entry, the panel reserve the right to request the repayment of fees, or to withdraw their offer of support.
- Each successful scholar will be asked to sign an agreement which will outline the conditions of offer relating to this scholarship and they will be expected to produce a brief report to funders on their activity and findings at the end of their MSc course.
- If the scholar ceases to be a registered student at the University of Stirling or does not fulfil the terms of their signed agreement, the scholarship would be suspended immediately and they may be required to return any overpayments.
- This scholarship can not be used in combination with other scholarship funding.
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome as soon as possible after 5 September 2022.
Contact Richard Kane who is the course administrator.