Ronald Miller Scholarship
The scholarship will be awarded to a student who has achieved an unconditional place at the University of Stirling to study MSc Sustainable Aquaculture.
The Ronald Miller Postgraduate Scholarship was established by the Trustees of the Miller Foundation, in memory of Mr Ronald Miller of Motherwell Bridge Engineering to reflect his special interest in animals. They are awarded to support a postgraduate student in the field of aquaculture or aquaculture disease.
Transfer of this scholarship to another course outwith the list is not permitted. Funding covers tuition fees and a cash alternative is not available. Funding cannot be extended and funded places may not be deferred.
Eligibility and availability
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable entry into a postgraduate degree at a UK university by the time they submit their application.
- Minimum of a 2:1 honours degree.
- Received an unconditional offer from the University of Stirling to study MSc Sustainable Aquaculture starting in September 2022.
How to apply
Applicants should email their CV, student number, country of residence and up to 500 word statement on what they hope to achieve with a Masters degree from the Institute of Aquaculture to the Course Administrator, Richard Kane. Please use the subject header “RONALD MILLER APPLICATION” on your email.
The application deadline is 5 September 2022.
- The decision of the panel is final and feedback regarding the decision will not be provided to the student body.
- In the event of the Scholarship awardee choosing to withdraw from the course, or to defer entry, the panel reserve the right to request the repayment of fees, or to withdraw their offer of support.
- The successful scholar will be asked to sign an agreement which will outline the conditions of offer relating to this scholarship and they will be expected to produce a brief report to funders on their activity and findings at the end of their MSc course.
- If the scholar ceases to be a registered student at the University of Stirling or does not fulfil the terms of their signed agreement, the Scholarship would be suspended immediately and they may be required to return any overpayments.
- This scholarship cannot be used in combination with other scholarship funding.
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome as soon as possible after 5 September 2022.
Contact Richard Kane who is the course administrator.