Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) Doctoral Studentships
Deadline for applications has passed. Information available for reference only.
AHRC Funded Studentship Opportunities: Scottish Graduate School of Arts and Humanities Doctoral Training Partnership (DTP) Studentship 2022-2023
Eligibility and availability
- Applicants must hold an unconditional or conditional offer to read for a PhD in a relevant subject at the University of Stirling.
- Applicants must not be holding another full scholarship for the 2022/23 academic session, though partial scholarship funding from elsewhere (e.g. fees only or stipend only) may still be considered.
- Applicants may be either new or continuing students (note that students entering their third year of full-time study, or fifth year of part time study in 2022-23 are not eligible to apply).
- Applicants already holding doctoral qualifications should not apply.
- From the academic year 2021/22, the AHRC via SGSAH has been offering awards to PhD researchers from around the world (the UK, the EU and International). All funded PhD students, whether UK, EU or International will be eligible for a full award – both a stipend to support living costs, and fees at the HEIs’ UK rate.
How do I apply?
You will apply for the studentship through the University of Stirling. You will need to identify a potential supervisory team and discuss your proposal and application with them in the first instance. You can find a potential supervisor at ‘Choose a subject and find a supervisor on How to apply to our Research Degrees. Alternatively, the Associate Dean for Graduate Studies can help you identify a supervisor specialised in the area of your proposed research project. Enquiries can be sent to email@example.com
The completed forms will have to be submitted to the Faculty of Arts and Humanities Graduate Studies Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5pm on 10 December 2021 (and copied in to the Associate Dean for Postgraduate Studies, Professor Holger Nehring) to enable us to carry out an internal Review Process for nomination.
On nomination by the University of Stirling, you can then apply to the PhD research programme using our online application portal. Before applying, you should refer to the documents for additional guidance on the process.
You should also send your note of interest to the Graduate Studies Office (email@example.com) in order to be exempted from the Find A Supervisor process.
Internal Stirling Deadline for both PhD application and the draft AHRC application: 5pm, 10 December 2021.