Clearing advice for parents, guardians and carers
Results day can be a stressful time for everyone, whatever the outcome. Are you a parent, guardian or carer of a young person who may have missed or exceeded their predicted grades? There's no need to panic as they can still use UCAS Clearing to find an available university place.
Top tips for supporting your student through Clearing
Ali Clark, Head of Student Recruitment and Shona Barrie, Director of Admissions and Access give their top tips for parents, guardians and carers on how to support their student through the Clearing process.
How to prepare for results day
Follow our advice for parents, guardians and carers for results day:
- Make sure you fully understand the UCAS Clearing process. Read our simple guide to Clearing.
- Do your research and work with your student to identify possible universities and alternative courses they might be interested in.
- You'll be able to register to get email updates with lots of useful information about Clearing at the University of Stirling.
- We aim to publish our available Clearing course places later in June so there’s plenty of time to see our options before results day.
- Most universities will have a Clearing helpline where your student can speak to an expert adviser about their options. Note down all the phone lines of the universities you think your student might want to contact. The University of Stirling’s Clearing helpline is +44 (0)1786 466166.
- Make sure your student has updated their contact details on UCAS Hub so that their chosen universities can easily contact them.
Students can read our guide to getting prepared for Results Day.