Clearing advice for parents, guardians and carers
Top tips for supporting your student through Clearing
Hear from Neil McGillivray, Head of UK and Europe Recruitment and Shona Barrie, Director of Admissions and Access with their top tips for parents, guardians and carers on how to support their student through the Clearing process.
How to prepare for results day
Follow our advice for parents, guardians and carers for results day:
- Make sure you fully understand the UCAS Clearing process. Read our simple guide to Clearing.
- Do your research and work with your student to identify possible universities and alternative courses they might be interested in.
- You'll be able to register to get email updates with lots of useful information about Clearing at the University of Stirling.
- We'll publish our available Clearing course places later in June so there’s plenty of time to see our options before results day.
- Most universities will have a Clearing helpline where your student can speak to an expert adviser about their options. Note down all the phone lines of the universities you think your student might want to contact. The University of Stirling’s Clearing helpline is +44 (0) 1786 466166 when it opens.
- Make sure your student has updated their contact details with UCAS / Track so that their chosen universities can easily contact them.