Davidson D, Wilson C, Pollard E, Cairns D, Cowie J & Blunn M (2009) Soil Analysis Support System for Archaeology (SASSA). 2009. www.sassa.org.uk.
The aim of SASSA is to provide support and training for curators and field archaeologists on the application of soil science techniques to archaeological questions. When complete SASSA will provide:
- Support for archaeologists in the field with recording and interpreting archaeological soils and sediments.
- Guidance on appropriate field and laboratory analytical techniques relevant to answering archaeological questions.
- Examples of the archaeological questions that soil analysis can contribute to, illustrated by case studies.
- A background tutorial on soil concepts and geoarchaeology.
- A glossary of soil terms.
|Natural Environment Research Council and the University of Stirling
|Place of publication