Aim: To explore the views of people who are homeless and dependent on opioids (prescribed or illicit) on the pros and cons of the range of drug delivery options including a long acting depot injection, methadone liquid, sublingual buprenorphine. Specific objectives would be to:
• Explain and discuss the concept of long acting depot buprenorphine with participants;
• Explore experiences of current or previous opiate replacement products such as oral methadone and sublingual buprenorphine;
• Identify the potential benefits and negative effects of a long acting product compared to other treatments from the perspective of the potential patient
• Prepare a detailed report of findings and an accompanying short briefing document that highlights key issues;
• Prepare and submit a manuscript for publication describing the findings.