The University of Stirling has today launched a new stand-alone commercial brand to maximise income from its multi-million pound conference and accommodation business for reinvestment in the student experience.
Stirling Venues provides a unique range of events management and holiday services using the University's extensive 330-acre property portfolio.
Set at the foot of the Ochil Hills, it is the largest single-site provider of conference, events and accommodation facilities in Scotland.
An enterprise of the University, Stirling Venues is led by Liam Spillane, Director of the University’s Accommodation and Commercial Services Directorate, which has generated more than £14.5 million in revenue since a refocus of activity in 2014.
The launch of Stirling Venues follows the successful rebrand of the former Stirling Management Centre to Stirling Court Hotel last November.
Liam said: “I am delighted that we have launched our new Stirling Venues brand and website stirlingvenues.com. This is the next step in consolidating and refocusing our commercial efforts at the University of Stirling to maximise our potential with existing customers and reach new markets.
“I am passionate about our commitment to reinvesting our profits in the University of Stirling to ensure an exceptional student experience for this and future generations.
“Our new Stirling Venues brand will give us a strong foothold on a national and international setting and reflects not only our stunning location in the very heart of Scotland but the great value and professional conference, accommodation and catering services that set us apart.”
Visit the website: Stirling Venues.
Enquiries to Lynsae Tulloch, Marketing Manager, Stirling Venues on 0044 (0)1786 466183 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Background information
Notes to editors:
Photographs are available upon request and Liam Spillane is available for further comment.
Stirling Venuesis uniquely positioned within the 330 acre parklands of the University of Stirling and offers a range of accommodation, hotel and conference facilities, including:
- Guest accommodation for up to 2,000 guests per night in a mix of single, double and studio rooms
- Hotel accommodation at Stirling Court Hotel in a further 100 single, double and accessible rooms
- 10 large lecture theatres including the 468-seat theatre in the Macrobert Arts Centre
- 70 fully-equipped seminar/break out rooms with high specification presentation facilities with a further 34 conference and meeting rooms in the Stirling Court Hotel
- Major dedicated exhibition areas
- A range of private dining options for day and overnight guests, and small and large corporate events
- Exclusive use of the Iris Murdoch self-contained conference suite
- Access to the facilities of Scotland’s University of Sporting Excellence, including an Olympic sized swimming pool, tennis centre, nine hole golf course and fitness suite.