Estranged students and student carers
Widening participation support
During your time at university as a widening participation student you are entitled to a range of support from the university to help you succeed regardless of your circumstances. This support is detailed below:
- Point of contact and designated email address for the duration of your course
- University Hardship Fund Bursary – either the student with care experience bursary (£500), estranged student bursary (£500) or, student carer bursary (£300).
- You must apply to the Student Money Support Funds and meet the relevant fund eligibility criteria to access the bursary. Due to audit purposes, you will also need to provide evidence of your care experience, estrangement, or student carer status before the relevant bursary can be awarded. Further information about the evidence required is listed on the Widening Participation Students Registration Form.
- Priority hardship fund assessment
- 365-day University accommodation
- Rental Guarantor (private rental sector)
- SAAS Summer Accommodation Grant (only available to SAAS funded students with care experience)
- Long term loan laptop
- Guidance to enhance your study skills
- Disability/Learning Disabilities support
- Mental Health, Wellbeing & Counselling support
- Faith support
- Careers and employability support