Young Pathfinders is an extracurricular educational outreach programme, which seeks to support and empower young people from Stirling and Clackmannanshire.
Over the course of an academic year, participants are provided with opportunities to develop the skills, knowledge and confidence to create and implement practical sustainable solutions in their schools and local communities, whilst learning about green career and higher education pathways.
Designed and delivered by colleagues from Scotland’s International Environment Centre (SIEC) as part of the University of Stirling’s Enterprise Team, the Young Pathfinders programme is centred around five key objectives and learning outcomes:
- developing environmental awareness
- developing green skills and knowledge of green career and higher education pathways
- developing knowledge of regional green entrepreneurship and enterprise skills
- developing employability skills, including teamworking, leadership, communication, and problem solving
- applying and demonstrating these skills and knowledge through an end-of-programme real world group project
Following a successful pilot year, the 2022/23 Young Pathfinders programme has grown to also include cohorts from Stirling high schools. Taking a hybrid delivery approach, events and regular small-group reflective sessions will run virtually and in-person across Forth Valley.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.