Extending your stay for students already in the UK


If you are already in the UK as a Tier 4 student, you must apply to extend your Tier 4 visa before you can enrol on a new course at the University of Stirling. You will not be permitted to study at the University until you have applied for a new Tier 4 visa.


In some circumstances you may have to return home to apply for a new visa. You should always check if this applies to you.

We strongly advise all students to email the Student Immigration Team before proceeding with an application.

Our Student Immigration Team can explain the process of extending your visa and help you to submit application to the Home Office.

Please note that from the 12th November 2015, students extending their stay will no longer be able to rely on a lower amount of money for livings costs (maintenance). All students will be required to have up to £9,135 held in a bank account for the required period before submitting a visa application.

To ask a question or request an appointment with an advisor, please email internationaladvisor@stir.ac.uk.

© University of Stirling FK9 4LA Scotland UK • Telephone +44 1786 473171 • Scottish Charity No SC011159
Portal Logon