Latest News


Understanding how to apply for a visa and what you need to know in advance will help the process of moving to Stirling run smoothly. The visa application process may change between obtaining your offer of a place and then applying for your visa.

Our Student Immigration Team can give advice to help you prepare your visa application correctly and it is important that you are aware of proposed changes which may apply when you come to submit your visa application.

The links and information in this section should help you plan ahead and get organised:

During the winter months border control areas in the UK will see a sizeable increase in passenger traffic as families, school trips and students take advantage of some time off to travel abroad.

Passenger education is a proven way to reduce long queues, waiting times and the resultant complaints they can bring. UK Border Force has therefore developed a page explicitly designed to educate and prepare passengers for their arrival at the UK border.

If you lose your passport or BRP (visa) over the winter break please report the incident to the Police as soon as possible. You must also report a lost BRP to the Home Office - Report Lost BRP

If you lose your BRP overseas you will have to apply for a replacement visa before returning to the UK - Apply for Replacement BRP




© University of Stirling FK9 4LA Scotland UK • Telephone +44 1786 473171 • Scottish Charity No SC011159
Portal Logon