Visa Information

Requirements for Entry to the UK

Your Entry Clearance/Visa

The University of Stirling is a Tier 4 Sponsor under the Points Based System for immigration. All international students (with the exception of EEA or Swiss Nationals) intending to study in the UK for longer than six months must apply for entry clearance (visa) before leaving their home country.

  • If you are coming for a shorter stay you may also need a visa, depending on your nationality and your study plans.
  • If you are a national of the EEA, or of Switzerland, you should read the information EEA and Swiss Students
  • If you have already accepted an offer of study at the University of Stirling, please go to our visa information for new students.
  • If you have a question about your immigration status or would like advice on applying for a visa please contact the Student Immigration Team who can provide advice and information.
  • If you are already in the UK studying and need to extend your stay to complete your studies, the Student Immigration Team can assist you in making an application and sending your documents to the UK Home Office.

Your Passport & Permission to Study

The University of Stirling has an obligation to check that all students have permission to study in the UK.

We will ask to see your passport and visa before you begin your course.

All students must provide a valid passport or travel document which satisfactorily establishes your identity, nationality and permission to study.

© University of Stirling FK9 4LA Scotland UK • Telephone +44 1786 473171 • Scottish Charity No SC011159
Portal Logon