Applications for full-time study, September entry (UCAS)

You must apply through UCAS. This applies to both home and overseas students, and even if you're applying for transfer or credited entry.

How to apply

You'll need to complete an online UCAS application form. For an up-to-date list of courses available please refer to the UCAS website.

All applications are done online through 'Apply', a web-based application process. This can be submitted by individual applicants or by a registered user (e.g. through your school, college or agent). You should check to see whether or not your current institution is a registered user. For further help and information, visit:

UCAS provides a helpline for filling in the form, tel: +44 (0) 871 468 0 468.

There's also a version of the application for students with overseas addresses:

Our overseas representatives (agents) can help you apply to the University.

When to apply

UCAS can start receiving applications for entry in autumn 2016 from 1 September 2015 onwards.

You should apply as soon as you've made a careful and considered choice. Universities are obliged to consider all applications if they are sent to UCAS by 15 January. It's in your best interest to apply before this date. Any applications received after this date are considered by institutions at their discretion, and no guarantee can be made that they will be given the same level of consideration as applications received before it.

International applicants have until 30 June to apply. However, all applicants should apply as early as possible and not leave it to the final date.

Course choices

You may apply for five institutions/courses on the UCAS form. Don't feel obliged to use all five choices. If you wish to apply to the University of Stirling for more than one degree course, you'll normally have to make separate entries on your application form for each choice.

Application fee

There is a fee to apply to UCAS of £23 (£12 for a single application). You should refer to UCAS instructions regarding methods of payment.

Applications for full-time study, February entry

Applications for entry in February are currently made direct to the University (not UCAS) and are not available to Home/EU applicants. Not all courses offer February entry so please check availability with the University and for an application form. Application forms can be obtained from UK Undergraduate Office (see contact details at the foot of the page).

Application for part-time study

For both February and September entry to part-time degree study, you should apply directly to the UK Undergraduate Admissions Office see contact details at the foot of the page.

If you are an adult learner returning to education, previous qualifications and levels of study are considered. The Head of UK Undergraduate Admissions Office or Deputy looks at all applications and these are passed to Academic Selector(s) when appropriate. Students with few qualifications or ones which are not recent, may initially be offered a place to study a stand-alone module with the possibility of transferring to degree study at a later date. If applying as a recent school leaver, the typical entry requirements are normally required (see relevant subject entries for further details).

Between school and university deferred entry

We're happy to consider applications from students who may wish to defer their entry for a year. Such applicants should apply in the normal way in the autumn of 2015 for admission in September 2016. There is a box on the UCAS form for applicants to indicate this.

Student Recruitment & Admissions Service UK Undergraduate Admissions Office University of Stirling Stirling FK9 4LA +44 (0)1786 467044
© University of Stirling FK9 4LA Scotland UK • Telephone +44 1786 473171 • Scottish Charity No SC011159
Portal Logon