Tuition Fees

Overseas Students (Non-EU)

  • If you are a student currently resident outside the UK and EU, you will be required to pay tuition fees for each year of your course.
  • Tuition fees vary according to degree programme and whether or not it is an undergraduate or postgraduate course.
  • International students should contact the relevant authority in their home country to find out what financial support may be available to assist with tuition fees and living costs.
  • The University offers the facility to allow students to pay tuition fees prior to, or upon enrolment. Details of full payment methods, including the option to pay in instalments, are available on How to Pay.

Undergraduate fees  /  Postgraduate fees


European Union Students


If you are classed as being ordinarily resident in Scotland or another European Union (EU) country or Switzerland outside the UK for at least three years prior to commencing study, and are going to be studying full-time, you will not be required to pay tuition fees. All tuition fees will be paid on your behalf by the Scottish Government through the Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS). Students must apply for this funding on a yearly basis.

You can find full eligibility criteria on the SAAS website.

The Scottish Government has confirmed that EU students enrolling in the 2017 academic year will be entitled to free tuition fees in Scotland. EU Students will be admitted as Scottish/EU fee status students and will retain that status for the duration of their four year degree. EU students will also be eligible for tuition fee support from the Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS).


All European Union (EU) students studying a Postgraduate degree programme will be required to pay the European Union tuition fee for their programme.



© University of Stirling FK9 4LA Scotland UK • Telephone +44 1786 473171 • Scottish Charity No SC011159
Portal Logon