Things to know before you arrive
Gym re-opening from Monday 26 April 2021
Gym opening hours
|Monday - Friday
||6.30am - 9.50pm
|Saturday - Sunday
||6.30am - 7.45pm
- All gym sessions and on-site fitness classes in our facilities must be booked in advance via our app or online portal. Users can book up to four days in advanced. Find out how to book your session or class.
In order to maximise capacity and continue adhering to COVID-19 restrictions, the fitness suite and strength and conditioning areas will be separate bookable spaces. All new facilities will be available to those with a membership. Find out more about our memberships.
- There are allocated gym session times to facilitate a stringent cleaning regime throughout the day with a dedicated cleaning period after every session. The facilities will also receive daily deep cleans outwith opening hours. Read more about what we’re doing to keep everyone safe.
- Please do not come to the facilities if you feel unwell in any way.
- Enter using the main entrance at the front of the new building.
- Your membership card (or student or staff card) will grant you access to the building, via the swipe entry gates, at the start time of your booking.
- If you have lost your membership card, please go to reception on arrival and we will provide a replacement at no extra cost. Please note any further replacements will incur a charge.
- There are also access pads on the doors to the fitness suite and strength and conditining areas which you must swipe for access.
- You will be automatically checked-in when your card is detected.
- Face coverings are compulsory when entering the facilities but can be removed once you arrive at your work space and begin your session. Users can continue to wear their coverings during their workout if they prefer.
- Please come ‘workout ready’ as there will be no changing facilities available. There will be toilet provision but we would ask users to try and use a bathroom before they arrive if possible.
- Whilst lockers are unavailable for use, we have supplied shelving units at the fitness suite for bags and jackets. Please avoid taking bags onto the gym floor.
- Users are asked to bring their own water as water fountain use will be limited.
- To avoid gatherings in the main entrance foyer or outside the gym areas, we ask that you arrive at the start time of your booking.
When in the gym areas
- Every piece of equipment has been designated its own ‘working space’ to ensure physical distancing is maintained as much as possible. We appreciate your efforts to respect the spacing that is in place.
- Only two members of the same household can train together in the same working space.
- Cleaning equipment is available at most workstations, and hand sanitiser at key locations around the gym areas. We ask that each piece of equipment is cleaned before and after each use. Read more about our cleaning measures.
- Organised group training sessions are not permitted and spotting or assistance is only allowed for those from the same household or accessible users (see more below about accessible access).
- If you feel unwell whilst in the facility you must immediately report this to a member of staff and leave the facility.
- Please respect other gym users and limit your time on each piece of equipment so that others can make the most of their time in the gym.
- Please do not bring a sweat towel to the gym, we will provide plenty of cleaning equipment and bins in which to dispose of cloths and paper towel.
- We ask you do not wear medical gloves in the gym as they can actually increase the risk of contamination and should only be used by staff carrying out extensive cleaning duties.
Leaving the gym
- A member of the team will signal the end of the session.
- As there may be a number of people trying to leave at the end of a session, please wear your face covering and continue to maintain physical distancing when exiting.
- Due to the COVID-19 restrictions, indoor fitness classes are currently postponed until further notice. We hope to have them running again as soon as government guidance allows.
Attending swimming pool sessions
- Lane swimming will be available again to members from Monday 26 April. Please see our swimming pool page for the latest information.
Our facilities continue to be fully accessible and, physical distancing is not required where a participant with a disability requires functional support to enable their participation in physical activity and sport. This support can be provided by a coach or other individual. In such circumstance the responsible individual should consider appropriate mitigating actions such as wearing appropriate PPE, limiting the duration spent in close proximity, or a combination of actions.
If you require access to our blue badge car park, please contact us on 01786 466900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.