About registration and your profile
How do I register?
You can create your account using your University email (and creating a new password) or you can use your existing Facebook or LinkedIn account details.
We recommend using LinkedIn – this method will import information from your LinkedIn account, making the signup process quicker. This method also allows you to quickly update your Stirling Network account by syncing any changes you make to your LinkedIn account as your career develops.
Once you've registered, your membership will be activated within 5 working days.
Developing your profile
The more information you can give about your skills, experience and qualifications, the more it will help people connect with you.
- At the top-right of any page, click the down arrow next to your profile picture and select 'edit profile'. You will see the information you entered when you registered, which may include information you chose to import from LinkedIn or Facebook.
- The simplest way to update this is to synchronise it with LinkedIn to import your employment experience and achievements into your profile automatically. You can connect to LinkedIn by selecting the arrow at the top of the page and clicking on settings. Scroll down, select and then authorise your connection method.
- You can also edit any of the individual fields and settings. However, the changes you make here will not link back to the authorised LinkedIn or Facebook account, so you can tailor your profile to this platform.
- If you are not synchronising your details and would prefer to create your profile from scratch, simply click on the individual fields to enter the information you are keen to share and click the green save button at the bottom of the page.
- Be sure to fill in your preferences in the ‘seeking help’ section so that others can reach out to you, or leave them blank until you are ready to engage.
- Adding a photo to your profile page will make you more personable and to allow others to recognise you.
- Once completed, read through your profile to check you are happy with it, then click the save button at the bottom of the page. You can make changes to your profile at any time if you would like to.
Remember you can get your summary information checked by one of our consultants.
I want to leave The Stirling Network
You can delete your profile at any time. You can choose to rejoin at a later stage, however you will be required to set up a new profile.
To leave, click the arrow at the top right of the page and select ‘settings’. At the bottom of the page, there is a ‘delete account’ button.
Please contact us for technical support and issues related to account approval and content on The Stirling Network.