Departing from residences
- Please return your key or access card to the Operations Assistants desk, you will be asked to sign a return form at this time. Make sure your door is locked and window closed on departure. When you have returned your key any items remaining in your room will be deemed to be unwanted and will be disposed of.
- Remove all personal belongings, don’t forget to check kitchens, bathrooms, store cupboards, wardrobes, drawers and overhead lockers (even under the mattress!)
- Please leave all areas clean and tidy. Any charges that may be made for extra cleaning will be divided equally between all residents.
- Remove all rubbish to outside bins. If you have any electrical items that you no longer require please leave them at the Operations Assistants desks – it would be appreciated if you do not place them in general waste bins.
- Please remember that your duvet and pillow belong to the University and must therefore be left in your room. The duvet covers, sheets and pillow cases are yours to take home with you.
- After the official end of contract any items left will be assumed to be unwanted and these will be disposed of.
- Ensure that you report any faults/defects to the Operations Assistant now. Inventories are checked by Operations Assistants when you vacate your accommodation. You may be charged for items that are found to be damaged or broken.
- Remove all furniture that does not belong to the University.
- Please ensure that all rent payments are up to date.
- Remember to change your address with your doctor/bank etc. If you wish your mail to be redirected please ensure that you contact Royal Mail NOW and complete their relevant paperwork. Any mail received after you have left will be returned to sender.
Returning your key
If your residence has on site Operations cover, please return the key to the main desk. If it does not you can return the keys to the following residences, key envelopes are available on request and you should write your name and address on the front:
|Your residence||Key drop-off|
|Fraser of Allander House
H H Donnelly House
|Reception Desk at Andrew Stewart Hall|
|Muirhead House||Reception Desk at Juniper Court|
|Reception Desk at Beech Court|
Union Street, Bridge of Allan
|Reception Desk at John Forty's Court|
Please note, failure to return the keys on the day you leave can result in additional charges being levied.
Your co-operation in the above matters is greatly appreciated by all the residences staff.