Pre-Sessional English Progression Fee Waiver
Eligibility and availability
- You must be classed as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- You must be a People’s Republic of China (PRC) national and an ordinary resident of mainland China (excluding the special administrative regions of Hong Kong and Macau) at the point of application.
- This award is only available to students requiring Pre-Sessional English (PSE) in order to progress into a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate degree delivered at the University’s Stirling campus, starting in September 2021. This award is not available to students progressing into an online degree.
- Applicants will need to meet the English entry requirements for the relevant Pre-Sessional course they apply to, and hold a conditional offer for a place on a relevant degree.
- Eligible Pre-sessional English courses are the 12 and 8 week online courses, and the 10 and 6 week on campus courses.
- Applicants will be required to pay the cost of the Pre-Sessional English course up-front which will then be discounted from the degree tuition fees, after successful completion of the Pre-Sessional English course and progression on to degree study.
- Students that do not successfully complete the Pre-Sessional English course, or who do not progress and complete their University of Stirling degree will not be reimbursed for the cost of the Pre-Sessional English course.
- This scholarship only relates to tuition fee costs for Pre-Sessional English courses. Applicants will still need to self-fund any relevant travel, accommodation and living costs for the duration of the Pre-Sessional English course.
- This scholarship cannot be combined with any other Stirling scholarship or award, except for the International Undergraduate Scholarship and Amplify Trading Scholarships. In all other circumstances, if offered more than one University of Stirling award, then the highest value award will be applied.
How do I apply?
Students will automatically be identified as part as the admissions process. No separate application is required for this scholarship.
Deadline for PSE applications is one week before the PSE online course start dates, and two weeks before the on-campus PSE course start dates.