COVID-19 guidance for research ethics
New studies relating to COVID-19
An expedited review process will be considered for externally funded research studies relating to COVID-19. Expedited review can be sought in the following way:
- Complete the full ethics review form through the University’s online ethics review manager (ERM), ensuring that all questions are answered and all supporting documents are attached to the application (i.e. participant information sheets, consent forms and recruitment materials).
- Once the form has been submitted through ERM, email the completed form to the relevant research ethics panel (GUEP email@example.com or NICR firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide justification as to why your project requires urgent ethical review. Justifications should include the public health grounds for the study to be conducted and the rationale for conducting the study at this time.
- Your request will be reviewed by a member of the research ethics team and a decision in relation to whether the project is eligible for urgent review will be confirmed via email within 24 working hours.
- If approved your application will be reviewed by experienced members of the ethics Panels within 72 working hours and a decision issued.
- If your request for expedited review is denied your application will be allocated to the next Panel meeting for consideration.
Please contact Rachel Beaton, University of Stirling Research Integrity and Governance Manager.