Davidson D, Wilson C, Pollard E, Cairns D, Cowie J & Blunn M (2009) Soil Analysis Support System for Archaeology (SASSA). Available from: www.sassa.org.uk.
The aim of SASSA is to provide support and training for curators and field archaeologists on the application of soil science techniques to archaeological questions. When complete SASSA will provide:
- Support for archaeologists in the field with recording and interpreting archaeological soils and sediments.
- Guidance on appropriate field and laboratory analytical techniques relevant to answering archaeological questions.
- Examples of the archaeological questions that soil analysis can contribute to, illustrated by case studies.
- A background tutorial on soil concepts and geoarchaeology.
- A glossary of soil terms.
|Authors||Davidson Donald, Wilson Clare, Pollard Edward, Cairns David, Cowie Julie, Blunn Martin|
|Date of public distribution||2009|
|Publisher||Natural Environment Research Council and the University of Stirling|
|Place of publication||Stirling, UK|