Certificates and Transcripts

Official Academic Transcript

An official document from the University confirming modules, grades and award.

Current students can request an official transcript but should note that they have access to download an unofficial copy of their academic history details via the Portal. Students are issued with a final transcript without charge when they complete their period of study at the University, subject to fulfilling all academic and administrative requirements.

Requesting a Transcript

Transcripts can now be purchased via the University on-line shop.

Who Can Apply?

All students/former students may purchase an official transcript of their academic performance through the online shop with the following exceptions:

Postgraduate students who left University prior to September 2003 - with the exception of taught postgraduate programmes in Information Technology, grades are not held centrally for taught postgraduate students who left University prior to September 2003. Therefore you should email Student Administration before purchasing your transcript online so that we check what module and grade information we still hold. 

Research students - transcripts are not issued for Research students

Enhanced Transcript (from June 2015)

The University is currently exploring the future development of the transcripts we provide to our students, and the level and type of information that is included on these documents.  Since many of our students participate in range of activities alongside their studies, we consider there to be potential value in detailing achievements that are additional to the core programme. Although we are at an early stage of development with this work, there is an opportunity for some extra-curricular achievements and activities to also be presented on the transcript. 

From June 2015 the University will be able to include the following student activities and achievements within the transcript:

  • President, Secretary and Treasurer leadership roles held within the Student Union, Student Union clubs and Sports Clubs*
  • Sabbatical positions of Student Union President, Sports Union President, Trustee, Vice President – Activities and Development, Vice President – Education and Engagement
  • Academic prizes and awards won during the course of studies*
  • Awards achieved through completion of the Stirling University Student Leadership Programme/Students’ Active & Innovative Leadership Programme*
  • The role of Course Representative held from the 2014/15 academic session
  • The role of School/Faculty Officer held from the 2013/14 academic session 
  • Recipient of International Sports Scholarships*
  • My Stirling Award (from October 2016)
  • USAC Study Abroad Programme (from Summer 2014/5)

*For the 2011/12, 2012/13, 2013/14 and 2014/15 academic sessions.  The 2015/16 information is still being collated and the Students’ Active & Innovative Leadership Programme did not run in this academic year.

If you would prefer that any of the above noted achievements do not appear on your transcript, please let us know via email at ask@stir.ac.uk.

Replacement Degree Certificates

How do I purchase a replacement degree certificate?

Replacement degree certificates can now be purchased via the University on-line shop.

Do I have any alternative options?

Yes, we can produce a letter of award or an academic transcript, which confirm exactly the same information as your degree certificate. They are printed on University of Stirling letterhead and are stamped with the official University of Stirling stamp.

Updating Name Details for Award Certification Documents

Updating Name Details for Award Certification Documents

Before Graduation

Please ensure your full name is correct on your Student Record prior to completing your studies to ensure that your correct name is printed on your degree certificate. Please note that it is University Policy to print full names on degree certificates, we will not accept any abbreviated names, nick names or initials.

If your name details are incorrect, have changed or are incomplete please contact us immediately. We will confirm if we require you to produce official documentation to confirm your details.

After Graduation

Once you have received your award you cannot change your name. Your degree certificate and all correspondence confirming your degree must refer to the name which you were enrolled under. We would only consider updating your name under special circumstances.

If you have any questions regarding your contact information please see our graduation webpages.

© University of Stirling FK9 4LA Scotland UK • Telephone +44 1786 473171 • Scottish Charity No SC011159
Portal Logon