Broadly, I am interested in the social and economic determinants of health and health behaviours. Through my work on HAGIS I am interested in issues affecting ageing populations including cognitive ageing, dementia, quality of life, frailty and multi-morbidity. The ways in which research that can inform health and social policy is a key driver in my work.
- Douglas, E., Waller, J., Duffy, S. W., & Wardle, J. (2016). Socioeconomic inequalities in breast and cervical screening coverage in England: Are we closing the gap?Journal of Medical Screening,23(2), 98-103.
- Douglas, E., Wardle, J., Massat, N. J., & Waller, J. (2015). Colposcopy attendance and deprivation: A retrospective analysis of 27,193 women in the NHS cervical screening programme.British Journal of Cancer,113(1), 119-122.
- Massat, N. J., Douglas, E., Waller, J., Wardle, J., & Duffy, S. W. (2015). Variation in cervical and breast cancer screening coverage in England: A cross-sectional analysis to characterise districts with atypical behaviour.BMJ Open,5(7), e007735-2015-007735.
- Forster, A. S., Forbes, L. J., Abraham, C., Warburton, F. G., Douglas, E., & Ramirez, A. J. (2014). Promoting early presentation of breast cancer: A preliminary evaluation of a written intervention.Chronic Illness,10(1), 18-30.
- Waller, J., Douglas, E., Whitaker, K. L., & Wardle, J. (2013). Women's responses to information about overdiagnosis in the UK breast cancer screening programme: A qualitative study.BMJ Open,3(4), 10.1136/bmjopen-2013-002703.
- Yardley, L., Douglas, E., Anthierens, S., Tonkin-Crine, S., O'Reilly, G., Stuart, B., et al. (2013). Evaluation of a web-based intervention to reduce antibiotic prescribing for LRTI in six European countries: Quantitative process analysis of the GRACE/INTRO randomised controlled trial.Implementation Science : IS,8, 134-5908-8-134.
- Little, P., Stuart, B., Francis, N., Douglas, E., Tonkin-Crine, S., Anthierens, S., et al. (2013). Effects of internet-based training on antibiotic prescribing rates for acute respiratory-tract infections: A multinational, cluster, randomised, factorial, controlled trial.Lancet (London, England),382(9899), 1175-1182.
- Anthierens, S., Tonkin-Crine, S., Douglas, E., Fernandez-Vandellos, P., Krawczyk, J., Llor, C., et al. (2012). General practitioners' views on the acceptability and applicability of a web-based intervention to reduce antibiotic prescribing for acute cough in multiple European countries: A qualitative study prior to a randomised trial.BMC Family Practice,13, 101-2296-13-101.
- Anthierens, S., Tonkin-Crine, S., Douglas, E., et al. (2011) Changing GPs' antibiotic prescribing behaviour in five European countries: A qualitative study within the GRACE project. European Respiratory Journal 38 (Suppl 55), 4508