I have worked on a number of research projects in the field of TESOL. The report from our latest project, Master's programmes in ELT: A survey of UK provision and student experiences, has just been published on the British Council's website.
My research projects include:
1. Master's programmes in ELT: A survey of UK provision and student experiences. British Council English Language Teaching Research Partnership (ELTRP) Award (2015) Prof. Fiona Copland (PI), Dr. David Bowker, Dr. Eddy Moran, Dr. Vander Viana (all University ofStirling)
2. Investigating NEST schemes around the world: supporting NEST/NNEST collaborative practices. British Council English Language Teaching Research Partnership (ELTRP) Award (2013) Dr Fiona Copland (University of Stirling, PI), Dr. Sue Garton (Aston University) and Dr Steve Mann (Warwick University).
3. Developing the Teaching of Modern European Languages: Modernising Language Teaching through the Development of Blended Masters Programmes (2013-2016). EU TEMPUS Award Dr. Sue Garton (PI), Dr. Fiona Copland, Dr. Muna Morris- Adams, Dr. Nur Hooton (all Aston University)
4. Key factors and challenges in transition from primary to secondary schooling in ELT: An international perspective. (2012). British Council ELTRP Award Professor Anne Burns (PI), Dr Fiona Copland, Dr. Sue Garton, Dr Muna Morris Adams (all Aston University).
5. Activities for Teaching Young Learners (2011) British Council English Language Teaching Research Award (ELTRA) Fiona Copland (PI), Dr Sue Garton (both Aston University)
6. Investigating Global practices in teaching English to Young Learners (2010) British Council ELTRA. Dr. Sue Garton (PI), Dr Fiona Copland and Professor Anne Burns (all Aston University)
7. Taking Steps towards CLIL (2010-2011) LinkedUp Awards Scheme. £4,415 Fiona Copland (PI), Dr Sue Garton (both Aston University).
Master's programmes in ELT: A survey of UK provision and student experiences
PI: Professor Fiona Copland
Funded by: The British Council