We are very pleased to be working with local animal shelters to develop a Dog Training Course for young offenders. This course offers vocational, educational and therapeutic benefits to the human participants, improving their future outcomes.
The course offers substantial benefits to the canine participants as well, presenting a win-win situation; a mutually beneficial project, in which disadvantaged young people and dogs help each other.
This project addresses a number of key issues for dogs in the UK
- Improving the behaviour and welfare of dogs held in rescue shelters
- Increasing adoption rates and reducing the number of dogs returned to rescue shelters
- Offering education increasing young people’s understanding of the responsibilities of dog ownership
- Increasing understanding of both human and animal behaviour
- Raising public awareness of the welfare issues of dogs in modern society
- Gaining support for the effective rehabilitation of disadvantaged dogs