ENVU9PR: Honours Project
CO-ORDINATOR: Dr Andre Gilburn
- To carry out an original piece of scientific research;
- To gain experience working as part of a research group;
- To develop a critical appreciation of key concepts through research; presentations and the scientific literature.
- Critically analyse scientific evidence and arguments from the peer-reviewed literature relevant to their research project;
- Analyse, interpret and present field and laboratory recorded data;
- produce a concise and structured dissertation;
- independently manage their time and workload effectively;
- summarise their project to a lay audience.
This will vary from project to project but students are expected to develop the skills necessary to work independently on their data collection.
Admission to the Honours Programme.
The student will work under the supervision of a member of academic staff, and perhaps as part of the supervisor’s research group. Students will be expected to conduct extensive background reading (literature review) relevant to their project.