Recombinant Antigen Production
Dr Mike Leaver Dr Kim Thompson
You will plan, design and execute a series of experiments to generate recombinant protein from (almost) any source. In this case, it will be a relevant aquatic disease-causing organism.
- Knowledge of basic molecular biology
- Understanding of PCR and how to design PCR experiments
- Understanding of the application of the research undertaken and ability to identify limitations and further research needs.
- Experience in recombinant protein production
- An understanding of immunogenetics and immunology with particular reference to fish