Quantitative Methods in Finance
- To provide students with the statistical and computing skills which are necessary to fully understand modern banking and finance operations.
Knowledge and understanding of:
- simple probability
- statistical testing
- the linear model
- least squares estimation and its properties
- the causes of failure in the linear model
- the concepts of time-series analysis
- the use of Excel to manipulate statistical data
- the use of Excel to estimate linear models.
Coordinator: Professor David Bell
This module information is representative of what is included in the module in a given year. Details of actual reading, lectures and coursework may vary year to year and will be available at the beginning of the semester.