ORCID™ gives you as an author a single unique ID which works across the whole global research landscape.
8 reasons to have an ORCID ID:
- Distinguish yourself - Ensure that all your research outputs and activities are correctly attributed to you
- Quickly becoming an international standard - in use by publishers, research funders, and universities across the world, e.g., Wellcome Trust, ScholarOne, Harvard and Oxford. 1,500 journals now require an ORCID ID.
- It's mandated - in Wellcome Trust and NIHR grant applications, and recommended as mandatory for the next REF
- It's open to all, non-profit and community-driven - a non-proprietary service maintained for the benefit of researchers in all disciplines and at all career stages
- Your ORCID ID belongs to you and stays with you throughout your career.
- Recognised by our RMS – with the objective that university systems will be able to synchronise information in the future
- Researchfish can now exchange data with ORCID. If you already have an ORCiD account, you can use this to automate parts of your Researchfish submission.
- ..and it's quick and easy - as little as 30 seconds to register
To get started: