International Summer School internships
As part of our International Summer School, we offer you the unique opportunity to work and study abroad.
We understand the importance of gaining valuable work experience at every opportunity. That’s why when you enrol on our Summer School Internship programme, you’ll receive full support from our staff and members of the University of Stirling’s dedicated Careers and Employability Service to secure an internship. We’ll match you with an appropriate business and support you through your internship.
How long does the internship last?
It’s a four week internship and you’ll be working for approximately 35 hours per week, Monday-Friday. Please be aware that every employer is different and your hours of work will depend on their required work structure. We also give you about ten hours of ‘classroom’ time, where your designated careers tutor will support you in your reports and documentation for the internship.
Is the internship credited?
Yes our Summer School internships are credited like other modules in the programme. Internships are unpaid, but count towards your academic completion record.
How will I be assessed?
Formal assessment includes:
- a five minute presentation on your internship experience
- three reflective journals, with a maximum word count of 500 for each journal
- a final project report of around 2,000 words, giving an insight into your internship project
How to complete the internship programme
- Complete the supplementary Internship form and include a CV (resume) when applying
- Apply by March 18th 2022
- Enrol in the Summer School for both Blocks 1 and 2
- During Block 1, study two modules and receive the equivalent of six US credits
- During Block 2, carry out an internship at a local business or non-profit organisation and receive the equivalent of three more US credits
- Due to the requirement to obtain a UKVI Student visa in order to take part in our internship (ISS9IN), you must complete both Block 1 and 2
- Please note an additional fee for a Student visa will apply