We are developing research within the theme of quality and safety, with recent studies around the dimensions of quality.
Our staff also engage in wider social networking and development opportunities, such as conferences, editorials, membership of the Reducing Harm Improving Care Network, QI activities with our associated boards etc.
- Beattie M, Lauder W, Atherton I and Murphy D J (2014) Instruments to measure patient experience of health care quality in hospitals: a systematic review protocol. Systematic Reviews
- Beattie M, Shepherd A, Howieson, B (2012) Do the Institute of Medicines’ (IOM) dimensions of quality capture the current meaning of quality in health care? – An integrative review. Journal of Research in Nursing. 25 April.
- Beattie, M Shepherd A, Maher S, Grant J (2012) Continual Improvement in Ventilator Acquired Pneumonia Bundle Compliance: A Retrospective Case Matched Review. Intensive and Critical Care Nursing. 16 Feb.
- Rooney K, Beattie M (2012) Quality and Safety in Nurse Education: Are We in a State of Readiness? Nurse Education Today, 32, 13th July, 622–623
- Beattie M, Atherton I, McLennan B, Lauder W (2012) Compassion or speed, which is a more accurate indicator of healthcare quality in the emergency department from the patients’ perspective? International Journal of Person Centered Medicine, 2 (4), 647-655.
- James B, Beattie M, Shepherd A (2014) Quality Improvement Projects for All, at How to Rock the Boat and Stay in It, Helen Bevan Event, University of Stirling, 2 June. Presentation.
- Davey P, Beattie M, James B, Rodgerson M (2014) Human Factors and Improving Patient Safety; QI for All. 4th National Scottish Medical Education Conference, NES, Edinburgh, 6 May.
- Armstrong L, Shepherd A, Beattie M, James B (2014) Integrating the Practicum for Nursing Students, International Forum on Quality and Safety in Healthcare, poster presentation, Paris, 8-11 April.
- Shepherd A, James B, Beattie M (2013) Piloting the Quality Improvement Practicum (ENTER): Inaugural Scottish Conference, Edinburgh Napier University, 3 December 2013. Poster.
- Beattie M, Smith J, Armstrong L (2013) Resilience and Quality Improvement, Reducing Harm, Improving Care; All Teach, All Learn. University of Stirling, 24 October 2013. Event Organiser and Workshop Facilitator.
- Beattie M, Atherton I, McLennan B, Lauder W (2013) Compassion or speed, which is a more accurate indicator of health care quality in the emergency department from the patients’ perspective? Highland Research Seminars, Centre for Health Science, Inverness, 9th September, Invited Speaker.
- Beattie, M, James B, Shepherd A, Scott J (2012) How Do We Know We Are Improving? Evaluating Quality Improvement Education, Academic Collaboration in Quality 2012, Health Improvement Scotland, 19th November, Paisley, Invited Speakers.