The Finance Office aims to deliver superior service to its large and complex customer base across the University.
The primary objective of the Finance Office is to ensure that the University financial performance is delivered and sustained, and the decision-making processes deliver the best value throughout all activities undertaken in the University. This is delivered via the following objectives:-
• setting of key financial policies
• development of comprehensive medium and short term financial plans, budgets and forecasts
• clear and timeous communication of financial information and advice to University Court, its Committees, and to management and staff of the University, as appropriate.
to identify funds for future investment in order to maintain the capacity, quality and infrastructure of its teaching and research facilities
examination of the core business elements to ensure they remain relevant to the University corporate strategy – discontinuing those that are not and introducing new elements where necessary.
identify, quantify, review and manage current and potential risks/opportunities.
preparation of true and fair annual financial statements, in accordance with relevant accounting and regulatory standards.
adherence to accounting, reporting and auditing standards, compliance with HE/FE Sorp and other guidance from the ASB.
to optimise the efficiency, economy, and effectiveness of the University’s financial process and management including
• Efficient collection of all monies due to be received
• Safeguarding of the University’s assets, both tangible (buildings, equipment, cash and other liquid assets) and intangible.