MSc Professional Education and Leadership
Further develop your professional learning and leadership practices at all levels in a supportive, flexible, creative and challenging learning environment.
- Award Masters / MSc, Postgraduate Diploma, Postgraduate Certificate
- Start date August
- Duration MSc part-time: 36 months
- Mode of study Part-time, Campus based, Stand-alone modules, Mixture of online and classroom delivery
The Professional Education and Leadership team in the Faculty of Social Sciences has worked in partnership with local authorities and other stakeholders over a number of years to develop this highly regarded professional education course. This Masters in Professional Education and Leadership is designed to impact directly on professional practices and pupils’ learning experiences and outcomes.
This course draws upon current research to help you develop a critical and enquiring approach to leading professional practice in the current policy context.
Building on the success and impact of previous courses, the modules you’ll take on this course take account of current policy and the General Teaching Council for Scotland’s (GTCS) Professional Standards framework (2012) providing the opportunity to practice leadership at all levels.
The benefits of this course do not just extend to participants but also to colleagues and the wider school community and will lead to the development of strong professional networks both within and beyond the course.
The following optional pathways have been developed to meet your own professional learning interests and career aspirations.
- Advanced Professional Practice – aims to support your leadership development through critical engagement with research, policy and practice
- Middle Leadership – aims to develop an understanding of the principles underpinning middle leadership
- Coaching and Mentoring – aims to support the leadership development of practitioners to support the professional growth of others in their setting and/or wider education community
- Curriculum – aims to support practitioners’ leadership development through critical engagement with curriculum theories and principles leading to changing practices and improvement in outcomes for children and young people in their setting and/or wider educational community
- Digital Social Trends and Professional Practices – aims to help practitioners develop a critical overview of theories, principles and concepts of digital technologies in professional practices. This module is designed for students interested in how digital technologies and data are challenging and transforming professional and pedagogic practices and decision-making
- Promoting Equity
If you’re interested in studying a module from this course, the Postgraduate Certificate or the Postgraduate Diploma then please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your course of study.
If you’re interested in studying a module from this course, the Postgraduate Certificate or the Postgraduate Diploma then please email Graduate Admissions to discuss your course of study.
In the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014, Educational research at the University of Stirling had the highest quality of research outputs of any Scottish university, with 100% classed as either world-leading or internationally excellent. Our expert teaching team are on hand to introduce you to cutting-edge empirical and theoretical research in a multi-disciplinary and professional environment.