A minimum of a second-class Honours degree (2.1 preferred) or equivalent in a relevant subject. You must also have five years' appropriate work experience in coaching, and evidence of successful completion of sport-specific coaching qualifications is expected.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language you must have one of the following qualifications as evidence of your English language skills:
- IELTS Academic or UKVI 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each sub-skill.
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 60 overall with a minimum of 59 in each sub-skill.
- IBT TOEFL 78 overall with a minimum of 17 in listening, 18 in reading, 20 in speaking and 17 in writing.
See our information on English language requirements for more details on the language tests we accept and options to waive these requirements.
The objectives of the module are to:
- Apply sport specific knowledge and understanding of current developments in Performance Analysis to practice.
- Explain the principles of observation and feedback that underpin Performance Analysis critically.
- Create structural definitions of your sport and design, implement and critically evaluate an analysis system within that sport.
- Accurately interpret and present the performance information your coaching system has generated.
- Critically analyse the current sports specific knowledge and apply planning principles to your sports coaching.
- Provide case exemplars and critical analysis of contingency/crisis planning.
- Critically appraise the potential improvements to personal practice through application of performance analysis techniques and the integration of planning principles.
Delivery and assessment
The module is delivered entirely online through pre-recorded presentations, learning materials, asynchronous discussion and tutorials.
Assessment will be a learning portfolio of practice.
Typically, individuals who apply for a Sport Performance Coaching CPD module will already be employed in
Engaging with the modules has helped coaches across the world boost their skills and advance their careers. By