Performance Analysis and Planning
This module will enable you to explore the theoretical concepts of Performance Analysis and Planning and provide you with the opportunity to develop your coaching practice using these learning experiences. It also aims to help you examine the performance attributes of athletes through the development of systematic, coherent preparation and performance programmes. It will provide opportunity to appraise personal practice against key performance analysis and planning concepts.
- Needs analysis
- Using performance analysis to objectively analyse performance
- Social perspectives of performance analysis
- Strategic planning
- Critical exploration of periodization and tapering
A minimum of a second class Honours degree (2.1 preferred) or equivalent in a relevant subject. You must also have five years' appropriate work experience in coaching, and evidence of successful completion of sport-specific coaching qualifications is expected.
The objectives of the module are to:
- Apply sport specific knowledge and understanding of current developments in Performance Analysis to practice.
- Explain the principles of observation and feedback that underpin Performance Analysis critically.
- Create structural definitions of your sport and design, implement and critically evaluate an analysis system within that sport.
- Accurately interpret and present the performance information your coaching system has generated.
- Critically analyse the current sports specific knowledge and apply planning principles to your sports coaching.
- Provide case exemplars and critical analysis of contingency/crisis planning.
- Critically appraise the potential improvements to personal practice through application of performance analysis techniques and the integration of planning principles.
Delivery and assessment
The module is delivered entirely online through pre-recorded presentations, learning materials, asynchronous discussion and tutorials.
Assessment will be a learning portfolio of practice.
Typically, individuals who apply for a Sport Performance Coaching CPD module will already be employed in
Engaging with the modules has helped coaches across the world boost their skills and advance their careers. By