Stirling Campus Pledge
The University of Stirling campus community includes students, staff and visitors. COVID-19 poses challenges and risks to that community. To protect everyone, we are asking every student and staff member to commit to the Campus Pledge on this page.
The Stirling Campus Pledge
By agreeing to this pledge, I will
- Practice social distancing and good virus-containment hygiene, including regular handwashing, use of hand sanitiser, and correct disposal of waste, such as tissues.
- Wear a face covering, if I am able to do so, in environments where the University has advised it is mandatory, including in indoor communal spaces such as our library and Atrium, and/or where social distancing guidelines cannot be observed.
- Follow government guidance regarding self-isolating if I test positive for COVID-19, develop symptoms, or believe I may have the virus, and notify relevant University staff as appropriate.
- Ensure the University holds correct and current contact details for me and register my presence in designated University buildings using the provided QR code stations, in support of the Scottish Government's NHS Test and Protect strategy.
- Respect room occupancy limits, layouts, seating arrangements and social distancing guidance in all University buildings.
- Follow government advice on using public transport safely when travelling to and from campus.
- Follow the health and safety rules and guidance relating to the use of University Sports facilities and Students' Union clubs and societies I am a member of.
- Follow the regulations of my University residence accommodation contract (where applicable) – including regulations on group sizes, gatherings, use of communal spaces, and cleaning.
- Ensure I remain up-to-date with University communications on COVID-19 and any changes to advice and guidance that is shared with me.
- Positively encourage other members of the University community to uphold the Stirling Campus Pledge.