Physical distancing, hand hygiene and respiratory hygiene, including wearing face coverings, are the most important and effective things we can all do to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
In keeping with Scottish Government guidance, the University is making it mandatory to wear a face covering in enclosed spaces where physical distancing is not possible unless an exemption applies. We are asking everyone to commit to the Stirling Campus Pledge which includes wearing a face covering.
Mandatory face coverings in enclosed spaces
Face coverings should be worn in:
- teaching and learning spaces. Please wear a face covering during the session when moving about, and where one metre distancing cannot be maintained, unless exempt
- Macrobert Arts Centre
- library and on-campus retail outlets
- on entering student flats in all communal areas e.g. in halls/corridors
- prayer rooms
- when receiving first aid (where and when possible)
- in any other specific areas indicated by signage
Face coverings should also be worn in all catering outlets when moving about (both sit-in and take-away outlets) where there is no table service, and when you are not eating or drinking.