Staying in your accommodation
The Scottish Government has set guidelines to help prevent COVID-19 transmission. The guidance is in place to keep our whole community safe. Please read all of this guidance so you know what is expected of you.
If you or a flatmate develop Coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms
If you develop COVID-19 symptoms or have a positive lateral flow test, advice on what to do is available via the NHS Inform Stay at home guide. Please let the Accommodation Operations Assistant for your building know if you develop symptoms or have a positive lateral flow test.
Protecting yourself and your flatmates
To keep everyone in your home safer, you must:
- Follow good personal hygiene, washing your hands regularly
- Clean shared areas, kitchens/shower rooms/toilets before and after every use
- Wash, dry and put away dishes as soon as possible after use
- Take out rubbish daily, double bagging waste where necessary to prevent spills
- Pay your rent via the online portal to minimise in-person contact
- If an alarm sounds, evacuate as normal. Keep your distance from others as much as practical at the muster point. Do not return until advised to do so by a member of staff or the fire service
- Take extra care when cooking, do not smoke in the building, do not use kettles etc in your room, only activate self-heating pots in the kitchen, release the steam before taking to your room to eat
Maintenance, repairs and housekeeping
- To protect the safety and wellbeing of other students and staff routine maintenance and housekeeping will be suspended while you or your flatmates have symptoms