Accommodation and COVID-19
Our priority is to make you feel safe and settled in your home – whether on campus or in university-managed accommodation. We have developed guidance to make shared living, study and social spaces safer.
If you're moving into university-managed accommodation, you will receive an email from Accommodation Services with information on what you need to know/do before you arrive.
Note: If you're moving to private accommodation, contact your landlord to make arrangements for a safe stay.
The Stirling council area is currently in Level 0 of the Scottish Government Coronavirus (COVID-19) protection levels. All of Scotland moved to Level 0 on Monday 19 July 2021. Staff and students should continue to follow the latest public health and University guidance.
- Those who are clinically vulnerable (including those on the shielding list) must complete a risk assessment before travelling to campus. Contact your dean/director to make these arrangements.
- You must have a negative test 72-hours before departure. Find out more about the types of test permitted and test providers.
- Any student who will be required to complete a 10-day quarantine on their return to student accommodation must ensure that they arrive at least 10 days prior to their end of contract date. See more information on travel and quarantine requirements.
- If you have been away from campus for some time and intend to return, please notify us on email@example.com so we can understand your circumstances and provide support.
You can find more information about the University's response to the restrictions on our regularly-updated Coronavirus page.
Before you arrive, you'll be asked to agree to the Community Code for university accommodation.
This will focus on:
- Personal and household hygiene
- Maintaining shared areas of your flat
- Social distancing and what is expected if there is a case of Coronavirus in your household.
If you have underlying health issues
If you have underlying medical conditions, let us know during the application process. The Accommodation Allocations Policy prioritises students with medical needs. Accommodation Services will work with Accessibility and Inclusion to support you here.
Before you arrive, our teams will work with you to develop a personal Coronavirus plan, so any adaptations required are noted .
This will include support to minimise the risk of infection, an action plan for if a flatmate has symptoms, and what to do if you become infected.
Quarantine for students arriving from outside the UK
If you are travelling directly from overseas to Scotland you must check the Scottish Government website for the most up-to-date information on travelling to Scotland and managed isolation (quarantine).
In the event of a lockdown
In the event of a future lockdown, you will be able to terminate your accommodation contract by giving 28 days' notice.
This is in line with the latest government legislation.
During a lockdown, the Accommodation Services frontline team will support you.
If you are unable to travel and need to cancel your accommodation, you will receive a refund on your rent pre-payment. To be eligible, you must tell Accommodation Services before your accommodation start date.
Get in touch
If you have any questions relating to accommodation and coronavirus please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cleaning and laundry
If self-isolating, you will be unable to use communal laundry areas. Housekeeping are not permitted to service your apartment. We will support you in other ways.