Accommodation and COVID-19
- If you are arriving at the University from overseas, please check the Scottish Government webpages for guidance on what you need to do before you travel.
- If you have been away from campus for some time and intend to return, please notify us on firstname.lastname@example.org so we can understand your circumstances and provide support.
- Those who are clinically vulnerable (including those on the shielding list) must complete a risk assessment before travelling to campus. Contact your dean/director to make these arrangements.
You can find more information about the University's response to the restrictions on our regularly-updated Coronavirus page.
Before you arrive, you'll be asked to agree to the Community Code for university accommodation.
This will focus on:
- Personal and household hygiene
- Maintaining shared areas of your flat
- Social distancing and what is expected if there is a case of Coronavirus in your household.
If you have underlying health issues
If you have underlying medical conditions, let us know during the application process. The Accommodation Allocations Policy prioritises students with medical needs. Accommodation Services will work with Accessibility and Inclusion to support you here.
Before you arrive, our teams will work with you to develop a personal Coronavirus plan, so any adaptations required are noted .
This will include support to minimise the risk of infection, an action plan for if a flatmate has symptoms, and what to do if you become infected.
Quarantine for students arriving from outside the UK
If you are travelling directly from overseas to Scotland you must check the Scottish Government website for the most up-to-date information on travelling to Scotland and managed isolation (quarantine).
Students arriving into Glasgow or Edinburgh International airports from Scottish Government red list countries can now book to complete their 10 day (11 night) managed isolation period in University accommodation. The University will cover the costs for the on-campus managed isolation accommodation for any student beginning or returning to their studies this semester. Find out more and book.
In the event of a lockdown
In the event of a future lockdown, you will be able to terminate your accommodation contract by giving 28 days' notice.
This is in line with the latest government legislation.
During a lockdown, the Accommodation Services frontline team will support you.
If you are unable to travel and need to cancel your accommodation, you will receive a refund on your rent pre-payment. To be eligible, you must tell Accommodation Services before your accommodation start date.
Get in touch
If you have any questions relating to accommodation and coronavirus please contact email@example.com.
Cleaning and laundry
If self-isolating, you will be unable to use communal laundry areas. Housekeeping are not permitted to service your apartment. We will support you in other ways.