By this stage, you should have a good idea of what you are like as a person (if not, check out the Know yourself pages), and what you will find fulfilling in your career - even if you don't yet know what career that might be.
The next stage is to start looking at what sort of jobs are available and what might suit you next. Some important things to remember are:
There may be several different jobs that will suit you equally
- Your perfect job will probably not be the first job you are offered - you may have to work towards it in stages.
- Remember what you have discovered about yourself as a person - match your skills, interests, values and personal qualities to the role
So, how do you explore your options?
There are several techniques you can use:
- Speak to friends and family about their occupations - what do they enjoy about their jobs, what do they not enjoy? This is an important part of building your career network and you may be able to use these contacts in a number of ways in the future i.e. work experience, references etc.
- Check out our Your faculty careers pages
- Explore our information on a vast range of Sectors and Organisations
Now it is time to narrow down your choices and start to match yourself to your career ideas. Our next section is - Making choices