Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO)

Stirling Council is required by law to license any House in Multiple Occupation which is the principal residence of three or more unrelated persons. The aim of the licensing system is to increase the protection for tenants and neighbours by making sure accommodation is safe well managed and of good quality.  All University properties are licensed under HMO or via  Landlord Registration.

HMO's include:

  • shared flats and houses
  • bedsits
  • lodgings and communal accommodation such as student residences and hostels

More information can be found here 


© University of Stirling FK9 4LA Scotland UK • Telephone +44 1786 473171 • Scottish Charity No SC011159
Portal Logon