MSc Media Management 2009
Lecturer, The Cyprus Institute of Marketing
1) How has your Stirling degree helped you in job-seeking and career progression?
My Stirling degree enhanced my CV and made it more relevant to the area I wanted to work in.
2) What kind of contacts did you make at Stirling and how did these help you?
The teachers were extremely knowledgeable and knew their topics very well. I made lots of friends and am still in touch with many of them. It’s good to widen your circle of contacts as you never know when you might need them.
3) How did your experience at Stirling differ from that of friends and colleagues who studied elsewhere?
You just can’t compare Stirling to anywhere else! I had a fantastic experience here – the teaching, the campus, friends and social life.
4) What made you choose Stirling?
I chose Stirling because of its very good ratings for Media Management.
5) Is your career what you expected or has anything changed?
I feel much more confident in myself as I have a strong academic background on the subject area I work for.
6) What other activities would you recommend to build up my skill set?
I’d recommend you build up your communication skills. By interacting with people of all ages and cultures in the University, this can enhance your skills both personally and professionally. I found that working with people from different cultures and backgrounds was a very interesting and rewarding experience.
7) What advice can you give me as a student now?
I would advise you to get as much as you can from the university, the lecturers, the place and the friendly people in Stirling. It could be one of the best experiences of your life.
Email Maria Hadjivassiliou if you would like to ask a question.