Skip header navigation


Tier 4 Re-registration events

To ensure the University meets the Home Office (Visas and Immigration) statutory requirements as a sponsor of Tier 4 students and its responsibilities in accordance with its Sponsor status, students are required to attend re-registration when requested by the University.

The re-registration points are at the start of the Spring semester for all taught students with Tier 4 visas with an additional point early in July for those undertaking a summer module.

The re-registration points for Tier 4 students will operate in tandem with the existing attendance monitoring processes.

Re-registration dates for taught Students

The next re-registration events for taught students will be held on:

  • Wednesday 10th July 10am to 12pm, room 2Y8 Cottrell Building
  • Thursday 11th July 10am to 12pm, room 2Y8 Cottrell Building

Please attend one of these sessions.

All students required to attend will receive an email to their student email account.

The re-registration process should take no more than five minutes.

  • What do I need to bring with me?

    You must bring your University of Stirling ID Card (attendance will not be confirmed without a card).

  • What happens if I don’t attend?

    If you do not attend you will be deemed to be 'not in attendance' and we will contact your Faculty to investigate your non-attendance.

    Those students identified as 'not in attendance' will be formally withdrawn from their studies. The University will report to the Home Office (Visas and Immigration) that the student has discontinued their studies and that the University ceases to sponsor the student’s Tier 4 visa. As such the Tier 4 visa is invalidated and the student will be told that they are no longer entitled to remain in the UK.

  • What if I cannot attend?

    If you cannot attend in person due to a valid reason which includes: illness; placement; on year abroad; or any other reason connected to your studies, you must email to inform the University of your absence and inability to attend in person. In the case of illness you must provide a copy of a medical certificate. Your email will be considered and you will receive a response in writing.

    If you are a research student on fieldwork then you will need to complete the Application to Apply for Fieldwork and Other Leave‌ form which should be emailed to

    If you are a postgraduate taught student who has returned home early to complete your studies and you are not returning to the UK then you must have sought permission from your School before leaving. You should contact for advice.

    Reasons other than that outlined above are not regarded as valid reasons for non-attendance.

Scroll back to the top