Dean for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Jill Stevenson is the Dean of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion. In that role, she is responsible for leading the creation of a culture where the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion are embedded throughout the University.
Jill is also the Director of Student Services, leading the delivery of effective and impactful support services to help students enjoy the best possible experience at Stirling, and leave with excellent graduate prospects.
Jill has worked in the higher education sector for sixteen years, gaining experience in policy, equality and inclusion, governance and sport. She also provided strategic leadership for accessibility, inclusion and equality issues for the 2014 Glasgow Commonwealth Games.
Jill is the current Chair of AMOSSHE, the Student Services Organisation, having been a Director on the Executive Board for six years. Her priorities in that role are to oversee the implementation of the AMOSSHE strategy, support members and influence partners in the sector and beyond. She is also currently the Chair of the Stirling Gender Based Violence Partnership, and previously spent five years (2010-2015) as Equality Director on the board of Triathlon Scotland.
- Leading and driving work across the institution to achieve the University's Equality Outcomes 2021-2025.
- Driving the institutional mental health and wellbeing strategy.
- Embedding gender equality throughout the University, and achieving significant progress in relation to our Athena
- Strengthening an institutional culture that prevents and tackles gender-based and sexual violence.
- Developing the University's first anti-racism and race equality strategy.
- Creating and embedding a culture of inclusion in the University.
- Influencing external policy and funding decisions on EDI matters.