We deliver continuing professional development training and courses in key areas relevant to aquaculture business and regulatory services.
Our teaching is rooted in our cross-disciplinary, internationally-recognised expertise.
Most of our CPD courses are taught at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) Level 11 which is equivalent to Masters degree level. Courses are taught over a two week period at the Institute.
Our courses are available in a wide variety of aquaculture-related areas. We can also run a course in fish management designed for fish farm staff on request.
- Practical feed production
- Aquatic animal reproduction and genetics
- Aquatic animal production systems
- Aquaculture in practice
- Aquaculture systems engineering
- Epidemiology and health control
- Aquatic animal biology and health
- Business and financial management
- Aquatic animals and the environment
- Advanced environmental management
- Biodiversity and sustainable aquaculture
- Livelihoods and aquatic re-source management
- Policy planning and management
- Geographic information systems
CPD course in fish health and welfare
Our two-day training course in Fish Health and Welfare is designed to provide participants of all backgrounds with a solid understanding of the biology of fish, fish health and disease, disease prevention, fish welfare and relevant legislation.
If your work is associated in any way with the aquaculture supply chain, this training is tailored for you.
If you have specific group training needs in any of these areas, please let us know by contacting Stirling Aquaculture.
We're also open to collaboration and can work with our partners to offer tailored short courses to meet your requirements.