Over the course of the modules, the online distance-learning programme aims to deliver a comprehensive understanding of:
- development of the welfare system;
- patient and carer experiences;
- policies of patient involvement and engagement;
- issues relation to social justice, poverty and health inequalities;
- the law relating to employment and disability;
- welfare reform and social security benefits;
- the experiences of children, young people and older people living with cancer and long-term conditions.
This programme enhances professional practice and complements National Standards for Information and Advice providers. Students are introduced to the most up to date ideas and debates in these fields and are offered the opportunity to learn from leading professionals and academics.
Further information about the modules can be found below.