Born in Glasgow in 1932, James Morrison studied at Glasgow School of Art (1950-4). In 1957, along with Anda Paterson and James Spence, he founded the Glasgow Group of artists. He joined the staff at Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art, Dundee in 1965 when he also settled in Montrose. In 1987 he left the college to paint full-time.
There are four works by this artist in the collection.
Click here to view our new film about the Art Collection which features James Morrison talking about his work.