Our men's and women's golf teams are amongst the best at Scottish, British and European Universities competitions.
The programme - established in 1981 - is supported by the R&A and is based on campus at the University Golf Centre, which consists of modern practice facilities and a nine-hole course.
Golf scholars receive membership to the world-renowned Gleneagles Hotel, which boasts three celebrated golf courses, including the PGA Centenary course, the venue for the Ryder Cup 2014.
- The services of high performance coaches including Dean Robertson
- Up to 10 hours of golf coaching per week
- Fitness and sports science support
- Membership of Gleneagles Hotel golf facilities
- Regular winter training camps abroad
- Essential clothing and equipment
- Funding to subsidise competition entry, travel and other sports-related costs
- Academic flexibility
- Opportunity to stay on campus
I found Stirling a great place to get my degree, work on my golf and enjoy myself. The sports facilities are some of the best in Scotland, giving you every chance to improve your chosen sport at the highest level.
Richie Ramsay, European Tour golfer
To be considered for a scholarship, golfers should:
- Hold - or be in the process of applying for - a place on an undergraduate or postgraduate degree programme at the University of Stirling.
- Hold a profile in national golf competitions at junior level or beyond.
- Have a handicap of scratch or below for men and -3 or below for women.
- Be prepared to work hard towards improving their game.
Download an application form and return before the end of February for a September start. Places are confirmed by post before the end of June.
Aberdeen Asset Management
The University of Stirling men’s golf programme is proud to have Aberdeen Asset Management as its title sponsor. The partnership, established in 2012, provides the men’s team with vital support as the players hone their skills under the tutelage of former European Tour professional Dean Robertson.
Cormac Sharvin, 2013 AIG Irish Amateur Close Champion, said: “The support from Aberdeen Asset Management is fantastic and it is great to know they are with us all the way as we compete in university, national and international competitions.”